With Halloween fast approaching, we decided to take a moment and highlight some of the best and worst treats that trick-or-treaters have been given over the years. We went around and asked people what they think is the best and worst treats to receive and here’s what we came up with.
As we talked to people, we also found out about some of the more interesting and bizarre treats that they have received over the years. We decided to save those for last in our article so be sure to check that out as well.
With that said here’s what we found…
Top Five Best Treats
5. Crunch Bar- The candy with the bright blue label that is hard to miss and has that unique mix of milk chocolate and crisped rice mixed in was one of the treats that people just can’t resist.
4. Snickers- “Need a moment?” You know the drill; eat a Snickers Bar and that’s exactly what people love to do during Halloween.
3. Twix- Whether they’re Left Twix or Right Twix as seen in their commercials, people can’t seem to get enough of this cookies that are covered in caramel and chocolate.
2. Kit Kat Bars- Whether you bite right into this candy or break it in half to hear that iconic crunch that made them famous, everybody loves a good Kit Kat Bar.
1. Reese’s Cups- Let’s be honest, the combination of chocolate and peanut butter has been the greatest food combination we’ve ever experienced. Ideally, people said they loved the large sized Reese’s, but said they wouldn’t pass up the fun-sized ones if they were offered.
Honorable mentions- Hershey Bars, Tootsie Rolls, Three Musketeers, Almond Joys, and bags of chips.
Now everyone has their preferences on what is their favorite candy to snack on, so there really is no right or wrong answer as to which is the best. However, the following list is a culmination of candies that people say they could live without.
Top Five Worst Treats
5. Peanuts- Let’s be honest, people Trick-or-Treat to get candy and other sugary snacks, not peanuts. If we wanted a bag of peanuts we would go to a baseball game.
4. Bubble Gum- This isn’t considered to be a treat amongst most people considering the kind of gum given out never really has a good flavor. Also, we chew gum on a daily basis so there’s nothing really special about it.
3. Jelly Beans- We see enough of these little guys during other holidays that we could survive if they weren’t handed out during Halloween.
2. Butterscotch Candy/ Mary Jane Candy- These kinds of candy are hard as a rock and usually don’t taste that great.
1. Candy Corn- Yes, it’s a staple for this time of the year, but after a handful or two they become bland and boring; no thanks.
Now that we’ve established what are the best and worst kind of treats to receive during Halloween, let’s take a quick look at some of the bizarre things that people have been given during this holiday.
Cans of Soda- wouldn’t say no to this, but if we had to choose, we’d prefer something less fizzy considering it’s going in our candy bag. A capri-sun or Huggie would be good.
Caramel Apples- though it suits the time of year, we would politely decline as these would smash our other treats.
Pencils- Why, just why? They’re not even edible!
Toothbrush/ Toothpaste- These usually come courtesy of the local dentist so it’s fitting.
Coins- Yes! Believe it or not we’ve had numerous people say they’ve gotten coins as a treat during Halloween! Now if only we could all find these houses, then we’d all be set!
The bottom line with this holiday is for people to come together, have fun, dress up, and indulge in some of their favorite candies without feeling guilty about it. So go out there, have fun, be safe, and enjoy all the treats that you desire!
Halloween only comes around once a year!